Wednesday, May 16, 2007

From Brill-o to Chill-o

In the last few weeks, since we got back to Santa Cruz, I've been engaged in a frenzy of deep cleaning, getting ready to leave our Santa Cruz home for several months. We have people coming to stay there throughout the time we're away, and I wanted everything to be in the best possible shape for our visitors. It actually felt good, in a way, to empty every drawer, closet, cupboard, box, and junk area and clean it all out. I made numerous trips to the Goodwill drop-off, and to the Dump. By the time I was finished, it was hard to leave. The place looked better than it has in years. Even the garden was glorious, with new plants just getting ready to burst forth, and so many things blooming.

But indeed we left, and after two days of driving north, we made it to our favorite summer location, Whidbey Island, Washington. I brought along lots of good books, my paints, the dog, my bathing suit (for water exercise), binoculars (for the birds) and most of all an intention to enjoy every minute of this lovely place. Picture me here.......

3 comments:

Lulu Maude said...

Nice!

I can't imagine wanting to leave Santa Cruz, but the Puget Sound must be great.

Bon voyage.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all counts! And please tell us more about these great pictures.

robin andrea said...

I'm so glad you're here in our neck of the woods. Can't wait to see you, if you can summon yourself up from that hammock slumber!