Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Adding and Subtracting


Here's an update to the food blogging I've been doing over the last few weeks.  I'm coming up on 7 weeks on the dietary cleanse.  In the last week or so I've experimented with adding back a few things that were absent for the first 6 weeks.  The idea is to add one thing at a time and then watch to see if there is any reaction in the body.  So far I've added back corn, peanuts, nightshades (tomatoes, eggplants, peppers), yeasted products (wine, vinegar), and eggs.  So far everything is AOK.  It will be quite awhile before I add back anything with gluten, dairy, or sugar.  Those are gone for now, and maybe gone for the foreseeable future.

I've also added some new classes at the gym, Body Pump, Muscle Blast, and continuing with my beloved Zumba and Water Aerobics.  I'm adding muscle, which is thrilling!

Then for the subtracting - 15 pounds so far, and feeling super healthy.  I'm about to start subtracting some of the blood pressure meds I take, cutting the dosage by 1/2.  Hopefully this will be sustainable, and not cause any problems.    I also subtracted a large box of too-large pants - that felt good!

So that's the math of the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you are doing this and keeping track of the changes. Very inspiring.