Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I Blew It (Caveat Emptor)

Well, yesterday I went to the Michael Moore web site, to see what he's up to. He had a nifty sidebar item, giving the daily count of the dead in the Iraq war. I thought I could copy it and put it onto my blog sidebar (I mostly succeeded). However while I was fooling around with my template I impulsively decided to change my blog's "look" and choose a new template style. Don't try this at home!!! I didn't consider that when you change your template style, you lose everything you've programmed onto your own front page, such as your links, sidebar items, etc. I didn't even stop to think about it, or make a copy of my source file before I pushed the fatal button. It will take me awhile to rebuild what I had. Meanwhile I may try on a few more styles, as long as I'm in the mood.....

P.S. Hot off the press - I just heard a leak that President Bush is choosing a new Defense Secretary to replace Rumsfeld. He wants a "kinder, gentler" image to sell this war to the American people. Here's a clue....

6 comments:

Taradharma said...

hey, I learned the same lesson not too long ago!!! I love the lucy photo! Perfect.

Hey, don't fool with my emotions on the Rummy thing...I really got my hopes up there!!

Linstilllife said...

I hope you had a Happy Birthday Dear. You are rare and wonderful. See you next summer! I can't wait for another long visit. and another art camp!

Anonymous said...

A belated happy birthday, dear friend. I hope you had good one, in spite of the reverberating techno-stress.

All's well here in ND. We'd love to see you here, there, or anywhere.

Anonymous said...

too funny! as if that guy is actually our president!

K Allrich said...

I did the same thing - with a template change - and ack! {Now (when I remember to) I copy and paste my most recent template into Notepad and save it - just in case.}

Easter bunny = Defense Secretary. Too funny [and a little tragic].

Adagio said...

been there, done that too sigrid. for what it's worth, can i say that i miss/prefer your old template/format. it's...ummm...friendlier...less formal. well, i would say that wouldn't i! as a user of the same.