Monday, January 30, 2006

Solar Fountain - We Have Lift Off!

This is an homage to DPR of the New Dharma Bums blog. He documents all of his home and garden projects and shares them with us, his avid readers/fans. The things he accomplishes single-handedly are truly jaw-dropping. For the last several weeks, I've been working on my own little project, putting in a solar fountain in my back garden. It has involved doing research on what systems will work, ordering parts on the internet (from Solar Biz), digging a trench for the wiring between the fountain and the solar panels, and then the installation. DPR would probably have completed this whole deal in hours, not weeks, but that's why he's one of my heroes! Here's a photo of the fountain lying on the ground waiting for assembly.
In this shot, my son Phil and his wife Megan came over to help with the solar panels. Here they are working on installing them on the back fence. Thanks for the helping hand!Next you see the system all set up and ready to go. We are waiting for some sun!Finally, yippee! It works! This made my day and it makes a sparkling color spot in the back yard. Now for some new plants, pathways, etc.!

4 comments:

robin andrea said...

Hey that's great! Congratulations on putting together such a fine backyard fountain. Excellent.

Lené Gary said...

How fun! I miss Santa Cruz for all of the industrious & creative folks. :)

And, thank you for your kind words on my blog. My heart goes out to you in your time of loss.

-Lene

Kim Tyler said...

DPR, I almost forgot that you don't work full-time! ;-)

Lene, Thanks for your kind words. We're doing better every day.

Unknown said...

I am George H Howell, grandson of Benjamin H Howell. Just came across your website! I know next to nothing concerning family history but do have some mementos and photos. I live in the Boston area. Thanks for the site and I hope we meet someday!