Sunday, August 06, 2006

Low Tide Morning

Just back from a beautiful morning beach walk at Maxwellton. We had a low tide and a vastly empty beach today. Although it was clear and sunny, there were wisps of mist rising from all the tide pools, and trailing white clouds over Puget Sound. Here were some of the morning's treats:A shiny red plane doing flip-flopping aerobatics and barrel rolls over the beach (no photo, too gape-jawed to respond, but here are Daniella and Zuma on the beach).
Eagles feeding in the bay - plunging into the water, then flying off with fish in tow.
Squiggly little piles of sand everywhere, indicating some creature below. Daniella said it looked like little spaghetti dinners !Blackberries picked on the way home - this is the season!! Oooooh I do love it here on Whidbey Island.....

7 comments:

DivaJood said...

You have been tagged. See my site for details.

Anonymous said...

Given the origin of that spaghetti, it's not something I'm tempted by. Those blackberries, on the other hand... oooh!! (*wipes drool from keyboard*)
;^P

robin andrea said...

I love the eagle shot with the Olympics in the background. What a beautiful day it was to be out and about.

Kim Tyler said...

Jood, OK, I'm all over it. It will probably take me a few days to respond, as things are a little busy in the next little while!

Pete, wish I could send you a big package of berries. You would not believe how many there are, growing wild everywhere!

Robin Andrea - it was (another) fabulous day. They seem to be getting better and better, and the mountains seem etched on the horizon! Glad you enjoyed that eagle.

TFLS said...

Our blackberries just played out. The ones you found look scrumptious! I adore fresh berries - all kinds of berries. And I have to say - that water looks so inviting. *sigh* I need a vacation!

Endment said...

How you make me wish I could be instantly transported to Whidbey Island. - yet I am really enjoying my armchair travel - thank you

Adagio said...

the berries look gorgeous. wild?