Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Exploding Colour of Melbourne

On Thursday afternoon we flew into Melbourne. This was my favorite place last time we were in Australia, and now I'm remembering why. This beautiful city is electric and buzzing. The neighborhoods are low key and walkable. Good food and interesting shops abound. Art is everywhere, and the surfaces everywhere are splashed with stunning graffiti.






We are staying with a dear friend, Janette, who was one of Daniella's students at Ballarat 3 years ago. Janette is of course an artist, as well as a musician, and a great hostess and has a wicked sense of humor and a naughtiness that puts a huge grin on my face every time I'm around her. She is utterly comfortable to be with, like I would imagine a sister to be, although I've never had one. She is a brilliant colorist, and surrounds herself with a palate of clear, bright, and exciting colors. Her home made me gasp with pleasure when we walked in the door.












We have been busy gathering materials for next weeks class in Geelong. We've been sitting around the kitchen table for hours drinking tea or wine and chatting happily about anything and everything. We have been taking long, rambling walks around Fitzroy where everything is interesting and swarming with aliveness. Oh how I'd love to spend a few months in this city!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Westgarth Street,Fitzroy,Australia

No comments: